For those of you who don’t know me or my story, my name is Alexis and I am a 29 year old sustainability professional trying to change my life by living on less and getting rid of my private student loan debt. So on December 16, 2016, I gave away everything I owned and decided to live in my car so that I can pay off my private student loans and reach my dream of living off less, traveling the world and investing in a project that will uplift the social, cultural and ecological fabric of our planet!
So far I have paid of $12K of private student loans debt in 6 months by sleeping in parking lots, state parks, and watching every penny I spend while working my 9-5. Despite my monmental efforts, I still have $21,000 left. Plus, unexpected expenses (helping out friends, car repairs, taking a dream job for a $12K pay cut etc.) have left me a couple months behind on my journey, which was supposed to last a year. The only way I will meet my goal of paying off my private student debt before I must begin payments on my federal student loans in 2017, is to get a 2nd job and raise the rest.
And that’s where you come in! Please help me out by donating as much or as little as you can. WHOEVER GIVES THE MOST will be given $1,000 when I make the last payment. That’s right, if I reach my fundraising goal, will give $1,000 away from my first paycheck to whoever has given the most, once I have paid off the remaining debt. We could all use a little help right! Click gofund.me/2ezeqzrb to donate!
And if you are short on money or wish to contribute another way, please consider the following;
- Post my go fund me link to your Facebook page or Twitter.
- Email and share my site with friends or family members.
- Follow my blog to raise my views and increase my following.
- Let me do laundry at your place- saves me money and makes life easier.
- Feel free to put me up for as little or as long as you like- mostly needed when temperatures drop below 12 degrees or above 75 degrees.
- Pray for me, my safety and my journey.
- Let me help you with odd jobs like organizing, power point presentations, editing, pulling weeds or writing papers.
Other than that- thanks for reading this! I took out the money and I fully intend on paying it back. It would just be nice to get some help so I can wrap up before winter AND start the next phase of my life- traveling the world, taking care of family and friends, investing in a meaningful project and committing to a debt free life.